View Single Post
Old 10-17-2013, 06:14 PM   #31 (permalink)
synolimit
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Silver 370z
synolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond repute

Garage line sold me a "prototype" LTH that's identical to the eBay OBX header and 99% like a Fast Intentions LTH. The only difference really is the scavenging star in the FI collector.

I installed these headers after wrapping with DEI titanium wrap and the fitment was perfect. The bottom center nut is hard to get on with where the pipes are but let's face it, LTH's are a PITA to install!

First thing I noticed on start up was the rasp! It was horrible! So I welded in some Helmholtz resonators in the X pipe right where the X pipe bolts to the header. This amazingly cut about 90% of the rasp but also if I had to guess cut about 20 decibels of volume which I didn't like.

Next I cut off my mufflers and straight piped them. The muffler I had, had the pipes 90 degree bend into the mufflers then 90 degree bend again out to the tips. I didn't like that flow design plus I wanted my volume back. Now I might have one of the loudest exhausts but just sounds insanely mean with zero rasp and zero drone.

I still have no tune and running rich so power can be made from a tune! I'm just happy the car is rich and not lean. After 6000rpm the AFR drops to 11.9 . If we target 12.5 AFR maybe, that's going to be some nice added power there.

Peak power was 13hp and 17tq but mid range gained anywhere from 11-17hp and 18-19tq. 293hp 243tq.