View Single Post
Old 10-17-2013, 03:59 PM   #14 (permalink)
chops
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: NA
chops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chii370 View Post
Im kinda thinking about putting hood vents on, GTR style. 3/4 of the way back on the hood so it only exhausts and doesnt created positive pressure against air coming in through the front. BUT, i was thinking about using an 80MM or 120MM silent but high RPM computer fan directly under the vents, so even at a stop it would pull air out of the engine bay, and wire it to run off the radiator fans. any thoughts on that? also I wanted to take out my wheel well plastic, put a nice looking pattern on it, and cut vents into it and cover it with mesh wire to keep out water sling. most of those fans are so quiet you cant even hear them, especially over sounds of a running engine.
in all seriousness, GTR hood vents arent a bad idea. theres some evidence on the boards that venting does indeed help alot, but computer fans would be a terrible choice. you'd blow a fuse instantly. our cars usually run around 14V when the engine is running, and itd probably blow the fan. also...they are not waterproof.
chops is offline   Reply With Quote