View Single Post
Old 10-17-2013, 08:50 AM   #7 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by totopo View Post
I'm sure this question had been beaten to death, but can't seem to find the search function on this forum.

I am looking for a dual use daily driver/track car and kind of settling between these 2 for a new car (or s2000 or e36 m3 when including used). I track semi-regularly, would consider myself an intermediate driver, and plan on tracking regularly with my next car. I don't really want to have a second track car, and so plan on having a dual use car for the next few years.

I currently drive a g35 sedan and am not really pleased with how it drive at the track. It is fun enough and really taught me how to manage weight shift, but I drove an s2000, and the sheer tossability makes it so much easier and more exhilarating and less nerve-wracking to drive at the track. It's hard to explain, but when I get oversteer or power over in the g35, it feels super unsteady like the rear is going to get away from me at any second, whereas in the s2000 it feels like a go-kart and I can manage it confidently with steering and throttle input. So I was looking at the brz for the tossability and the lightweight dynamics, but then I see them at the track and they are basically a glorified miata. I don't know if I could live with the 200hp, with no real throttle steer or throttle over, and I think it would really bug me for daily driving. I was wondering if anyone had any input on how the 370z drives at the track, compared to like a brs/brz or s2000.

Also another miscellaneous question, does anyone know the smallest diameter wheel that will fit around the sports caliper and rotor?
since you live in ca and have access to canyon driving, and since it appears you need everyday utility, i think a honda fit would fit your needs perfectly.

Z would be best overall, but for tossability and handling, s2000 for sure. frs/brz if you want a new ride. i think you will appreciate the Z more after driving the other cars.
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote