View Single Post
Old 10-17-2013, 01:35 AM   #6 (permalink)
Funkdoobiest
Base Member

Drives: 2012 Sprt Tour Nav 6
Funkdoobiest is on a distinguished road

Yeah knowing that they have the same powertrain is why I was asking these questions. The G37 I drove was an auto(most are), so hard to compare. I know of course this is comparing apples to oranges but my sister's new GS350 is silky smooth when revving all the way up there. Can't tell the engine is even on. And the car is no slouch either. Anyway loved the 370Z, def planning on getting one, been on the Mitsu 3000GT platform for the past 15 yrs with a reliable car yet had sooo many issues with my Zs, just so much to go wrong and I was always working on them. Tons of gremlins pop up.

The Z32 was a great but over-engineered car, systems that it really didn't need. Way too many vac lines, fuel lines, fuel leaks, coolant lines, wiring going everywhere that would crack and break, boost leaks, just an unreliable car as it aged. But damn they drove nice when they ran. And my cars were all nice, not beat up like a lot of them are.

EDIT: Oh yeah and they were a b*tch to work on. The engine was crammed in with no room to do sh*t. Got tired of driving around with a tow strap jic.

Last edited by Funkdoobiest; 10-17-2013 at 01:40 AM.
Funkdoobiest is offline   Reply With Quote