Thread: Exhaust Poll
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2013, 10:41 PM   #115 (permalink)
chii370
Track Member

Drives: .
chii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to behold

lol I dont know people here by name, and dont know a tony.... but maybe? :P No, I just like reading and watching things on the physics behind mechanical equipment. sometimes I get terminology mixed a bit sometimes, but sometimes its nice to know WHY or WHATS causing a specific quote "phenomena" as its been said which usually has a pretty simple explanation. just get sick of people talkin about putting giant exhausts on with HCF, and headers and all this other **** and they dont even know WHY, they just do it because its the general consensus that it makes car go vroom vroom faster. Im happy with my 6 million ton ARK DTS with zero drone, zero rasp, zero hiss, real exhaust tone. and PROBABLY zero gains on a dyno and couldnt care less. goal was to make the car not sound like a toyota prius, goal accomplished. and all of the physics knowledge played a part in proper choice. diameter of pipe, mid pipe style, how restrictive is it, what shape, how long are the pipes, what are they made of, how is it welded, how is it bent, hows the muffler packed and sectioned. ALL THAT **** MATTERS in its exhaust scavenging, flow velocity, sound, everything. leave the engineering to us ENGINEERS.

Last edited by chii370; 10-16-2013 at 10:45 PM.
chii370 is offline   Reply With Quote