View Single Post
Old 10-16-2013, 01:29 PM   #11 (permalink)
JohnsZ
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '09 370Z Tour CY M6
JohnsZ will become famous soon enoughJohnsZ will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSpeedDemon View Post
BTW I'm pretty sure 15K miles is about average for staggered setups where you can't rotate front to back & corner to corner. I know with the new ones I've been researching most that have a 30K warranty only allow for 15K miles on staggered setups.

The Continentals DWSs all seasons are rated at 45K miles so should last quite a bit longer than the PSSs. From what I've researched they are much quieter without giving up too much performance. Softer sidewall but that can be helped with increased air pressure. Won't be as good as a dedicated summer tire but will last longer. The DWs are the summer only version but probably won't see much increased tread life over the PSSs.

I suspect you also have a winter tire setup. The DWSs will cut through light snow so you can run them longer (I could run them year round) but I doubt it would make it through a full Connecticut winter.

I see you're on base wheels. i can't remember if these are a square set up, but if not you will also see longer life if you switch to one and do proper rotations.
Excellent advice, tips, and info. I was thinking of switching to a more all weather tire anyway and the DWSs might be the answer. I had considered them before I bought the PSSs. Thanks so much! The next beer is on me!
JohnsZ is offline   Reply With Quote