View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013, 08:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
TXSpeedDemon
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370Z, 03 MSP, R8 v10
TXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond repute

Minato is right, the difference is minimal. I tried to find set ups that were closest to the factory sport wheel diameter - i think the stock sports were 245/40 & 275/35. The 255/40 and 385/35 are both about 27" diameter (26.9 for fronts and 27 for rears) according to the tire calculators I used. So both fronts and backs went up as close to the same amount as possible.

I'm pretty sure I could run the 265/35 up front, certainly a 255/35 and a 30 series on the back. But I'm hoping to stick to a 40 profile up front and 35 profile in the rear to further reduce tire noise (will also be switching from Michelin Pilot Super Sports to Continental Extreme Contact DW or DWS).
TXSpeedDemon is offline   Reply With Quote