View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013, 06:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
TXSpeedDemon
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370Z, 03 MSP, R8 v10
TXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Will 255/40s rub on a lowered 9.5 +12?

Edit: The answer to this is YES.

I went with 245/40s up front and it rubs the tabs a tiny bit over big dips. 255/40s are taller and wider... they would rub with this wheel setup.

-----
Car is lowered on H&R springs with Volk 9.5 +22s up front and 10.5 +12s in the rear. I currently have 245/35 up front and 275/30s on the rear based on wheel dealer recommendation. The stretch is way more than I need and since the rears finally wore down I want to replace them all with more meat without rubbing.

I was thinking of running 255/40 up front and 285/35 in the rear but am a bit worried it will rub. I have SPC rear camber/toe arms so currently sit within factory specs in back, but no adjustments in the front. Has anyone tried this set up or know if it will rub?

I did quite a bit of searching but seems like most lowered Zs on wheels with my specs are either running a 265/35 & 305/30 combo (with coil-overs) or stock 245/40 & 275/35 (with springs). I'm not sure if this is for clearance/appearance/speedo/gearing/financial/availability reasons.

Any insight on the intial fitment question would be appreciated.

Or if anyone is sure a 265/35 will fit up front with H&R springs let me know since that should poke .2" more than the 255/40 I want.

Last edited by TXSpeedDemon; 10-27-2013 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Answered question
TXSpeedDemon is offline   Reply With Quote