View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 11:09 AM   #5 (permalink)
Sharif@Forged
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: 2009 GT-R, 2010 370Z
Sharif@Forged will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuszNissan View Post
I was hoping for more. But I am not too fimilar with ECU tunes; is 15whp after bolt-ons pretty normal. And these other companies that advertise 30% increase including the bolt-on numbers with tune vs. the base dyno to pad their numbers?

Thanks
A true NO BS gain of 15whp from ECU tuning alone is very respectable. We always choose the highest pre and highest post tune runs. We could pad the numbers we choosing our lowest pre tune, and highest post tune numbers, but we've never done that. Aside from the absolute power gain, you also end up with a engine that is running at it's peak from a safety and power standpoint.

I have seen some cars with bolt on mods, running 14:1 AFR's at WOT without tuning which is definatley not safe. Every car is a little bit different, so the level of gains will depend on the current state of the base tune. For instance, if a 370Z came in with an overly rich tune, or overly lean, the gains could be 20whp+ once we are doing properly calibrating the ECU.

As a general rule, we usually see about 10-15whp from normally aspirated ECU tuning.
Cobb ProTuner, Uprev ECU Flash, FCON Vpro, Haltech, Motec Certified
Sharif@Forged is offline   Reply With Quote