View Single Post
Old 10-14-2013, 06:55 PM   #1809 (permalink)
Alkatraz
Base Member

Drives: 2008 Skyline 370GT
Alkatraz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3chhawk View Post
I don't think it's the delays that are causing the tension, its the communication. The reason no one in the other threads is upset is because the vendor communicates with the masses.

Check out the pattern here. Everyone gets temperamental, GTM communicates, everyone is excited and forgiving. The problem is, GTM hasn't logged on to this forum in 11 days. Other vendors respond within hours at most.

If a vendor is hosting a group buy with a gross value well over half a million dollars, the least they could do is spend the 5 minutes required to update the customer. A very large portion of the customers would be content with the delays as long as they knew what was causing them and had some visibility to the process. I know multiple people personally that have backed out of this group buy and cited communication failures as the reason.
This is basically what I wrote about 10 pages back. Anyone who was suprised when it was delayed massively is a little naive. Big project = Big potential delays.

The lack of communication whilst holding peoples money is the issue here really. I'm willing to wait as long as it takes but I truely hope that GTM learn a little about communication from this. When mistakes happen, its how they are dealt with that determines peoples final opinion of a business.

That said.........Gimme My Boost!!!!