Thread: Exhaust Pop?
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2013, 10:17 AM   #15 (permalink)
chii370
Track Member

Drives: .
chii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to behold

Sry unrelated to OP post..... but fuct u reminded me of a question ive wanted to ask a LONG TIME. Related to the answer u just gave. Awhile back we all know this car has a serious CSC /masterC problem. That being said not EVERYONE has had it. My question is, how do u drive ur z? Do u hold the clutch the whole time at a red light? Do u down shift on way to stops? Do u take it out of gear while stopped? Do u baby engage the clutch or fast shift? I honestly believe there is a 100% connection between some of these, and premature csc failure. Mainly for those who constantly hold the clutch down or stay in gear at stop lights, signs, and traffic. I did that in my 09 and it failed. Now i dont do that anymore and my 13 hasnt failed yet and im past my 09s miles.....so far so good? I try not to engage the clutch AT ALL until im ready to make the car move. And i used to baby the clutch a lot, now i try to make engagement as short as possible without being rough with it.

Last edited by chii370; 10-14-2013 at 10:20 AM.
chii370 is offline   Reply With Quote