View Single Post
Old 10-14-2013, 06:37 AM   #12 (permalink)
Boss_302
Base Member

Drives: 11 Nissan 370z S Mt
Boss_302 will become famous soon enoughBoss_302 will become famous soon enough

I recently installed a Z-1 25 row oil cooler with thermostatic housing. I basically installed the cooler as directed and had no issues in start up. Did have to add a quart of oil. Primed the filter and cooler during assembly to minimize air in the system when started. The two things I didn't like about the kit was the oil lines could have been a couple of inches shorter. I was also not pleased with the Mocal adapter construction and machine work. I've done engine work in the pass so it was time to get out the die grinder and smooth the oil passage and sharp machine edges, The other thing I didn't like about the adapter was the way the oil filter extension fitting seats on the adapter. You have to be careful when tightening to get the socket fully seated so you don't strip the nut, 6-point socket is strongly recommended. Since all this I found that Mocal makes a new heavy duty more robust adapter for only a few dollars more. I would check the sensor's and wires and make sure nothing is damaged or grounded.
Boss_302 is offline   Reply With Quote