View Single Post
Old 10-12-2013, 12:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Motion Lab
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Nissan 370Z
Motion Lab is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORAIN View Post
Has anyone done the Z1 mail in tune? Or, would I end up with a better tune in person? I'm thinking that they tune enough Z's that they should have it wired. And, that a local non Z specialty shop, may not know all the tricks of tuning a Z. Any opinions, pros & cons? Thanks.
You will receive a better tune by showing up to a shop experienced with Z's and have it tuned on a dyno. Basic re-flashes generally leave power on the table to ensure they are safe. I am not knocking their skill level or expertise, simply stating a fact. Its true for customers that ask for and pay for our "base maps" on other applications. Will it run 20psi on your stock evo9 16g turbo? Yes. Can we make more power if you come to our dyno and allow us to continue tuning? Absolutely. The dyno gives us, in conjunction with the uprev software, the data feedback we need to monitor and adjust the ECU calibration to ensure you are making the most power possible reliably.

We are located in Charlotte and have our own in house AWD dyno. If you need help with any other questions or if a road trip to Charlotte is feasible for you please dont hesitate to contact me directly on these forums, via email, or give us a call at 704-527-0100. Have a great weekend!

Thanks,
Alex Goodwin
AlexG@motionlabtuning.com
Motion Lab is offline   Reply With Quote