View Single Post
Old 10-12-2013, 04:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
wildstrykex
Base Member

Drives: nissan 370z
wildstrykex is on a distinguished road
Default steering wheel lock help

hi guys,
i am sorry to repost this topic again, but i read most of members thread and my situation is a bit different. i really need help.
I have a nissan 2010 370z base model. Manual.its at 30,600 mileages when it happened.
here is my situation, i went to my car to start the car, however it didnt start. I keep trying and nothing.. Then the light on the start button says lock and my brake pad got lock as well. I check to see if its my battery by turning all the lights on. The light works. i went to search it up and based on what ppl are saying its the steering wheel lock problem. i read it and did what ppl said, to remove the fuse 48 next to the battery. I did that and nothing happen. Because not many ppl explain exactly what they did so ill explain it here.
First, i remove the ground and the power from the battery, not many say they did that or not. I then remove the fuse 48 next to the battery, then i plug the ground and power back to the battery, still nothing. I cant start the car or it to go to accl. I cant get out of the lock. i have not try to remove the fuse 48 when the ground and power is on the battery. So after it did not work, i thought it was the battery, so i went to buy a new battery, repeat it again and still nothing happen.. I then realize when i plug back the power and the ground there isnt a strong spark. I am wonder if thats the problem. This is a new battery by the way.
wildstrykex is offline   Reply With Quote