View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013, 10:24 AM   #3 (permalink)
synolimit
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Silver 370z
synolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGoFast1589 View Post
Ah yes... For sure. I can see where you're going with that. Did you have an APS intake or something of the sort for a WRX or STi and run a hose directly to it? I had a few Subarus as well.

Once the ECU went into closed loop fueling though it should be alright though I imagine, no? Because then it will be fueling based on the 02 sensor readings and not from the MAF. I wonder if having the car calibrated by a tuner could rectify any of the issues you had and optimize the setup. I could be wrong, but I thought the ECU switches from open to closed loop after a certain amount of the time, the 02 sensors reach a certain temperature and coolant is up to temperature. I wish I was more knowledgeable about tuning and electrical components.
I made everything. The filter was right behind the fake more front inlet in the 11+ bumper. I cutout the fake vent to give it a real vent. It was 3" from the filter to the turbo inlet with pipe I made.

You mean open loop? Open was fine, 335hp 400tq to the ground on stock everything but bolt ons. Closed loop ran like **** with every gust of wind. The subi tables all work off MAF and load. The O2's are useless because neither are wide band.