View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013, 08:40 AM   #2 (permalink)
IGoFast1589
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370Z
IGoFast1589 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by synolimit View Post
Running a setup like this recked havoc on my subi for DD. I wouldn't do it. That better direct flow you speak of will kill the MAF readings. Think about it...at 10,20,30,60 mph etc in closed loop throttle the MAF thinks it will see x.xx volts. But a gust of wind blows into the system and spikes the volts and your foot isn't pressing on the throttle hard enough, the system thinks you are pushing harder and adds fuel because of the increased air the MAF saw. The car drives like **** and sputters and hiccups. You can test it by running the car in the driveway and blowing air into the setup from outside the bumper with a air compressor. Needless to say I had to block off the inlet in the bumper.

I wouldn't go SRI unless you vent the hood and bumper inlets need to be off to the sides of the filters unless you have a CAI setup like me or stillen.
Ah yes... For sure. I can see where you're going with that. Did you have an APS intake or something of the sort for a WRX or STi and run a hose directly to it? I had a few Subarus as well.

Once the ECU went into closed loop fueling though it should be alright though I imagine, no? Because then it will be fueling based on the 02 sensor readings and not from the MAF. I wonder if having the car calibrated by a tuner could rectify any of the issues you had and optimize the setup. I could be wrong, but I thought the ECU switches from open to closed loop after a certain amount of the time, the 02 sensors reach a certain temperature and coolant is up to temperature. I wish I was more knowledgeable about tuning and electrical components.
IGoFast1589 is offline   Reply With Quote