View Single Post
Old 10-09-2013, 04:51 PM   #293 (permalink)
Denny McLain
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370Z, 96CE hotrod
Denny McLain is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ephan View Post
Morning Folks, I am having the same problems for over a year and a half! Car was towed to the dealership @ 22k with the pedal to the floor. They changed the CMC and sent me on my way. Car was towed to the dealership again @ 24k with pedal to the floor. They changed the CSC and sent me on my way. Then last week @ 33k I had the same feeling the pedal was going to fail babied the car to the dealership again, arrived with the pedal to the floor again! They called me yesterday and said the CMC and CSC is fine. The reason for this incident was because they used Nissan standard brake fluid. They said the flush the system and replaced it gtr special brake fluid and that should solve the problem.
A little more feedback..........At about 18K miles on a trip from Dallas to Houston I pulled in to get gas and joined the "clutch hit the floor and stuck" club. Anyway it was fixed by the dealer but had to return it a couple of times as they did a poor job bleeding the slave unit.

Move ahead to 43K miles.... Started acting up again. Not a complete failure, but the only way it would work was to pump the hell out of it. Thinking all it needed was to be bleed, went to a local shop near my house and they bleed the unit. Worked fine for about a day and had to return the car for the same issue. After reading a service bulletin from Nissan, they replaced the fluid with GTR fluid and it felt great.......for about another day. They thought the fluid might be boiling off so I took a rubber fuel line, split it in half and covered the hydraulic line with it to insulate it from the exhaust heat. Same deal, worked fine for a couple of days and then went back it's old ways.

Being the car is basically babied with a total 3 trips down a 1/4th mile track (btw...13.08 @ 109.78) and the stock clutch stunk after the third pass. That combined with the design issues, decided to replace everything with aftermarket parts! I called Joe @ Zspeed and he felt the issue was the master cylinder. Not interested in more issues, I went for a stage II South Bend disk and pressure plate, Zspeed slave and new master cylinder. He tried to talk me into a single piece flywheel, but I have zero interest in listening to the trans rattle in neutral so I stayed with the stock unit.

After about 200 miles of break-in this is a much better unit than stock. Smoother, slightly more pedal pressure and better holding power. Turn the traction control off and it puts down some serious rubber at the 1-2 shift and 2-3 shift. Still a bit fickle regarding progressive feel, but an improvement. We'll see how long it lasts. Went from a Corvette with an aggressive ceramic disc to a 370z and the 370 definitely is harder to get a feel for. Better, but still not as smooth as it should be.

Denny
Denny McLain is offline   Reply With Quote