View Single Post
Old 10-08-2013, 10:47 PM   #62 (permalink)
derraj06
Enthusiast Member

Drives: MB 370z
derraj06 is a glorious beacon of lightderraj06 is a glorious beacon of lightderraj06 is a glorious beacon of lightderraj06 is a glorious beacon of lightderraj06 is a glorious beacon of light

To chim back in. (I've been busy working on the car and testing the motor)

I did receive the single o ring that was mailed to me. I never installed it because I sent the defective piece back to Amazon and took the 20% hit on restock. While it is good to see the problem being addressed well after my issue was found, the apology doesn't really help me. I stated to Mishimoto and here. This "inconvenience" cost me north of $350 not including sending samples of oil out to black stone for a before and after comparison.

To clarify my reasoning for the part chance. I did not feel Mishimoto had Any concern for my situation and I received some of the worst customer service throughout the ordeal. After being told the best they could do was mail another oring (which apparently is a lesser quality oring than should be used) it took 2 weeks (approximately) for the o ring to arrive.

It was replaced with a mocal plate thanks to Z1 actually shipping some thing on time and a method that wasn't first class mail. So far the engine is still running and is my daily driver so time will tell if something is wrong.

I have had several people pm me concerning their plates or potential purchases. I have been advising against this plate based on my experience with the company. Word has also spread around my area to be careful of these plates and I have helped two people replace them on local cars from our meets.

I honestly wished this plate had worked out. The Mocal plate is slower to warm up on cold days in East TN but the piece of mind is worth the inconvenience compared to losing 6.5 quarts of oil ( that discolors your Ark Exhaust, causes two aero panels to shear because it soaked into the panel, makes you replace front brake pads due to oil soak, and have the car towed to a dealer where it was kept for a week)

People weighing the pros and cons can decide for them self but as a quality engineer at a company that supplies almost every manufacturer that sells in NA I don't believe proper quality inspection is being competed on these parts which changes my mind on using anything they make. Luckily I learned this before I purchased a radiator to upgrade the cooling system. (Summers on the dragon get hot!)
derraj06 is offline   Reply With Quote