View Single Post
Old 10-07-2013, 06:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
andre12031948
Banned

Drives: 08 350z black 6m/t
andre12031948 has a spectacular aura aboutandre12031948 has a spectacular aura aboutandre12031948 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370zsport View Post
Hey guys. I just got ordered a set of AAM short tails for my 2011 Z. They should be to me within a few days. I keep hearing about people losing a ton of low end torque, and am now a little concerned that the lack of back pressure may somehow damage the engine itself. I know I sound a little paranoid, but if anyone could shed some light on this, Id be very grateful. I just got my car back from the dealer after having the transmission, throw out bearing, clutch fluid, and rear axles replaced under warranty due to a faulty input shaft, and clicking in the rear from my axles. I just washed it and waxed it and want to put my first mod on it, and after hearing the AAM short tails, its the exact sound I am going for, I am just afraid of causing damage due to lack of back pressure.
That's a lot of things that went wrong with your car. I've never had a problem with my 08 HR Z, and it was drag raced all of it's life. I'm considering a 370z as my next car. I hope problems are not common with the 370's.

As far as your car, this is what I would recommend. Put test pipes on your car, plus the short tails, change to 4:08 gears & get a good tune. With the gears, you'll won't feel a loss of TQ & the car will be super quick & fast. With traction & good shifting, you can have a mid 12 second car. You'll gain a ton of H.P. & the car will be loud as hell.
andre12031948 is offline   Reply With Quote