View Single Post
Old 10-07-2013, 04:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
Sales@AAMComp
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: GT-R
Sales@AAMComp is a name known to allSales@AAMComp is a name known to allSales@AAMComp is a name known to allSales@AAMComp is a name known to allSales@AAMComp is a name known to allSales@AAMComp is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370zsport View Post
Hey guys. I just got ordered a set of AAM short tails for my 2011 Z. They should be to me within a few days. I keep hearing about people losing a ton of low end torque, and am now a little concerned that the lack of back pressure may somehow damage the engine itself. I know I sound a little paranoid, but if anyone could shed some light on this, Id be very grateful. I just got my car back from the dealer after having the transmission, throw out bearing, clutch fluid, and rear axles replaced under warranty due to a faulty input shaft, and clicking in the rear from my axles. I just washed it and waxed it and want to put my first mod on it, and after hearing the AAM short tails, its the exact sound I am going for, I am just afraid of causing damage due to lack of back pressure.
You should think it as relieving a bottle neck. I personally have not seen a TQ graph where a car with short tails has lost a ton of TQ.... maybe 1 or 2. Normally with aftermarket headers you tend to lost a decent amount of TQ but i would say the TQ loss if any from short tails would be negligible. I hope this puts you at ease, if not feel free to give me a call at the shop I'm always happy to chat.

Tyler Day, Technical Sales
TylerD@aamcompetition.com
301-497-9214 Direct
AAM Competition | YouTube channel | LIKE us on Facebook!
Sales@AAMComp is offline   Reply With Quote