View Single Post
Old 10-07-2013, 03:16 PM   #25 (permalink)
Haboob
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '18 GTI Autobahn DSG
Haboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt Tam I am View Post
Why do we have this feature? To lock the driver out of window roll up? Passenger yes.

I have a wall switch in my house. I never use it as I use another switch that powers the other. Every few years some exterminator, cable guy, wife, etc throws the wall switch and I spend quite a bit of time figuring out what happened. When I remember finally I get mad at myself for wasting all this time.
That's why I tape those switches into their desired positions, so they don't accidentally get switched off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4r3s View Post
This is exactly why the IT guy always asks "Is it plugged in?" first....
It definitely is! Though, we still make mistakes ourselves.

I took my car in, because I wasn't getting the lock chime when pressing the button on the outside of the door. Turns out it was a loose fuse that I knocked loose swapping another that my license plate bulb/LED swap blew.

Took my car in to get a fuse pushed back in.

However, the dealership one-upped me, because they said they couldn't fix my SES light (turns out it may have been bad fuel), because the O2 sensor wire was lengthened by my when I installed my HFCs, which it was not (and I have about 4 witnesses that helped me install the damn exhaust).
Haboob is offline   Reply With Quote