View Single Post
Old 10-07-2013, 12:41 PM   #14 (permalink)
Cell
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: A Garbage Truck
Cell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrvaxx View Post

Warning...thread hijack in progress.

Just curious why someone would choose a single turbo over two? Is it a cost thing?
I can tell you why I chose single over twin.

Ease of install was the biggest one for me. I wanted to do it myself so I can learn as much as I can. The kits that are currently out requires quite a lot just to do the install yourself. Not only will you save time with the single turbo, you will save money. I chose the BP kit because the turbo sits low and not inside the engine bay which helps with heat. The quality of the kit is top notch. Sasha's service is also top notch so you can't go wrong with the single turbo kit that he offers.

With any kit that you choose, there will be pro's and con's. You just need to weigh the decision and choose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3chhawk View Post
The primary advantage to twins is the quick spool time. A well built, twin scroll, ball bearing single can come on just as fast. All things being equal, singles offer more torque, lower cost, more flexibility, and better reliability. Small engines will push twins better, but the VQ37 moves a lot of air.

Fewer turbos to break, fewer wastegates to maintain/set, fewer oil feed/return lines, less downpipe and intercooler piping, less vacuum line connections.

Specifically, the Boosted Performance setup is easier to install, maintain, etc...

Many of the traditional TT guys (RX7, Supra, etc..) have started converting to singles and OEM's have started going down the twin-scroll single route as well.
This too ^^^

Last edited by Cell; 10-07-2013 at 12:44 PM.
Cell is offline   Reply With Quote