View Single Post
Old 10-06-2013, 07:22 PM   #48 (permalink)
faceglide
Track Member

Drives: '12 370Z FI TT BkChr
faceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond repute

While it is all subjective, ive gone thru ARk GRiP, HKS hi-power, invidia and BERK, and my current FI 18" CF.

THE FI wins hands down. The only 2 i've heard that i like as much is the top secret(10k??!?!) and the amuse.

I like these 3 because the sound is distinctly hr with that distinct growl this motor pops when angry. HH resonated exhausts(GRiP, HKS) give almost a a deep, lobby sound, while definetly clean, not my cup of tea.

Rasp and drone are almost a function of cats/resonators and not so much the exhaust. THE FI, for example has ZERO drone or rasp or hiss with oem cats with my personal experience. With resonated TPs, i have hiss, some drone(if accelerating <3k rpm in 6th gear, EVRYTHING has drone just about), but the sound is mean and clean.

Im biased, I will recommend FI through and through. Handmade exhausts that are built to order and priced similar to something mass manufactured(seriously, my ARK kit had a midpipe build in 2011 and rear built mid 2012 in a v2), it's a no brainer.

TLDR: FI is king for us here in the states. An authentic japan kit is great, but longer waits and megabucks are meh. Im not a fan of HKS, as it changes the note a bit too much(seriously is on the edge of mimicking a clean V8 note). Rasp and drone=no cats, simple.
faceglide is offline   Reply With Quote