View Single Post
Old 10-06-2013, 06:53 PM   #50 (permalink)
juld0zer
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 11 Nissan 370Z MB M6
juld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond repute

apart from the typical diff mount fluid oil spattered everywhere, what else should i look for?
I don't see any leaking mounts. Does jacking up the car from the diff destroy the mounts?

My regrease attempt using wheel bearing grease didnt last long. Now both sides have a very distinct and loud metallic click each time i accelerate and let go of the pedal.

Does anyone have an explanation for why grease is required in this area?
It's NOT the splines. The grease (M77) is applied to the mating face between the axle and the backside of the hub.
When i regreased it (not using M77), as i rotated the hub, the axle of course rotates with it and so too does the mating face on the hub.
I cant see any friction.... the only thing i can think of is the grease acts as a cushion. After all, M77 is an extreme pressure grease and the high moly content works even after the carrier oil has gone
juld0zer is offline   Reply With Quote