View Single Post
Old 10-06-2013, 12:16 PM   #13 (permalink)
Super Werty
Track Member

Drives: '13 Sport
Super Werty is just really niceSuper Werty is just really niceSuper Werty is just really niceSuper Werty is just really niceSuper Werty is just really nice
Send a message via ICQ to Super Werty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japanjay View Post
It is a short block not a long block. But I am guessing that is a typo since you are a subject matter expert. Do you even know what parts are included in either one of those either? Not trying to come across as harsh, but really? They must have missed the "part" that is causing the oil issue huh? Maybe the oil loss bolt broke and they skipped over it 3 times on mine and twice on his now. With once on each vehicle being a broken one installed into the brand new block in Japan by a small fingered Japanese guy in the factory.
lol dont be a douche. Of course I know the difference do you? I never claimed to be an expert I am only offering advice to investigate why the first one had to be replaced. I have my own experience replacing a shortblock in my truck that quickly became a complete longblock replacement when I found previously unseen damage to the heads and timing cover which was causing an oil leak(s).

He also needs to find out what kind of replacement shortblock they used...was it brand new from nissan or did it come remanned from LKQ etc etc.