View Single Post
Old 10-25-2009, 02:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
ResIpsa
Track Member

Drives: 09 RACING HEN
ResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Track Day with Stillen Track Cooler

I had my first track day with the Stillen Track Oil Cooler (My third track day total). To sum it up, oil temperature was not even an issue.

I was at the Summit Point main circuit on Saturday at about 75 degrees with the occasional downpour. Most of my sessions were in heavy rain but the one I had in the dry my oil temps never went above 220 degrees. Keep in mind that I am still a novice and the wet track required careful use of the throttle.

I really love this car more than ever. With the traction control on in the rain it was really was confidence inspiring. On my third session I got a point by from a Porsche GT3 and multiple Aston Martins (there was a Aston Club in attendance).

In fact , the only car I had to point by was a SLR McLaren. Yes...a SLR McLaren...