View Single Post
Old 10-03-2013, 06:02 PM   #11 (permalink)
luigi90210
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Classified
luigi90210 has a spectacular aura aboutluigi90210 has a spectacular aura aboutluigi90210 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by G37sHKS View Post
Sharpbycoop blew his motor because his RPM was at 8100 while his oil pump system was stock.

You should never mess with Redline RPM before getting the right oiling system to the engine.

Other motor that blew from FI were stillen SC, the fail was from tune and kit it self. (if you want more power go for off road SC which is GTM, but if you want CARB Legal kit then go for Stillen and keep it as it is for god sake..)

I hate seeing people bashing on a kit because they wanted to extract more power from the SC. Go to Stillen Website check the horse power that your car will make with their kit (500 BHP which is around 400ish WHP) and if that achieved your needs then go for it, if not then that kit was never for you and you should blame your self if anything goes wrong with your car after messing with the kit. it's simple as that.

last but not least. Tune is the key of longevity. A bad tune can blow a stock car.
I couldn't have said it better myself.

Nothing is wrong with the stillen kit and if you live in California there is no reason not to get it unless you plan on making your car 100% track.

I do feel though that you could change the stillen kit up a bit but with stillen/vortech parts, like a vortech impeller and stillen's 9lbs pulley and just make sure your tuner knows what they are doing and you have a rock solid tune because like you said, a bad tune will blow up your car, even if its stock
luigi90210 is offline   Reply With Quote