View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013, 03:31 PM   #264 (permalink)
Red__Zed
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Mostly on two wheels
Red__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcosta79 View Post
In Texas I can shoot anyone that's on my property. I don't have to be in any "danger".

I'm sure the laws in NY are NOT the same.
Castle doctrine is irrelevant to an altercation on public roads, and you are terrifyingly unfamiliar with Texas law.

TX allows for you to use force as necessary to stop trespassing, but you may not escalate to deadly force unless required.

In addition, the castle doctrine protects your habitation (which precedent indicates as covering a forced entry to or removal from a vehicle), but not "property" as you state. Detached garages and land have been declared as not covered under the law.
Red__Zed is offline   Reply With Quote