View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013, 12:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
FairladyZ10PG
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: PGraphite m6
FairladyZ10PG has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ10PG has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ10PG has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ10PG has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ10PG has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ10PG has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ10PG has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ10PG has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ10PG has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ10PG has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ10PG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red__Zed View Post
It depends on what specifically happened, but I would not use deadly force in a situation where there was no other way to escape.

Backing up a bit, I would not be in that situation. I avoid states that do not allow for full use of a self-defense, so I would likely not be driving in NY in the first place.

If I came across a group of bikers taking up two lanes, I would move over to the right lane...because squids like that generally signal trouble. Legally not required, but the smart way to avoid conflict. If the accident was unavoidable and all that, I'd pull over and call the cops with the passenger taking a video recording in case things got messy.
That's smart. However, not everyone can stay as calm and collected when faced with such situation. I'm assuming this guy panicked and made what he believed to be the best possible decision at the time. He may or may not regret the decision to run over the bikers and do not know if he would do the same thing if it happened all over again. I guess what I'm trying to say is that not everyone handles pressured situations the same way. I don't know how the "Law" would handle this one but I'm behind the RR driver from what I have seen thus far.

FairladyZ10PG is offline   Reply With Quote