View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013, 10:53 AM   #147 (permalink)
ElVee
Track Member

Drives: 13 370z 7at t+s grey
ElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond repute

I think a *reasonable* person, based on the video evidence, can conclude that the Range Rover driver feared for his life and the lives of his a family and made a move to get himself out of that situation. A situation the bikers continued to force and escalate. We even have plenty of raw footage to support this. And it's not a defense to say he couldn't have been killed in the short period until the others intervened. All it takes is a helmet or other weapon or even a boot to the head and/or a crash to the pavement that can take a life.

Things do change slightly if there is video footage and/or third party witnesses about the RR cutting off the bikers. Even still, there is a certain amount of restraint and responsibility that the bikers should have exerted. If such evidence comes to light, it just means as others have said that the DA has far less interest in this case for either side.

I saw someone claim that the RR guy shouldn't have pursued vigilante justice. If the RR driver did cut off a biker, then it's ok for the bikers to have pursued same?

In the end, it's about what a reasonable person would conclude, and I'd have moved to get myself and my family out of that situation which was clearly going from bad to very, very bad. Me, against a group of people with clear violent intent.

Can you imagine how your life would have been changed right now if you were the RR driver or his family?
ElVee is offline   Reply With Quote