View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013, 10:12 AM   #4 (permalink)
FortuneLSX-TT
Base Member

Drives: 10 NismoTT MB M6
FortuneLSX-TT has much to be proud ofFortuneLSX-TT has much to be proud ofFortuneLSX-TT has much to be proud ofFortuneLSX-TT has much to be proud ofFortuneLSX-TT has much to be proud ofFortuneLSX-TT has much to be proud ofFortuneLSX-TT has much to be proud ofFortuneLSX-TT has much to be proud ofFortuneLSX-TT has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spd View Post
Hey, I was the guy, Jay, who was there with the 2013 sport when you got there. Terrible hearing about the cement accident! Glad you got it taken care of for sure. It was nice meeting you and pretty sweet hearing your car go around the track!

It was a killer awesome event! Driving all the cars at the (my) max was so thrilling and it really teaches you a lot about your car and what is is capable of. There isn't much better than getting the opportunity to flog someone elses GTR around the track! What a beast!

Auto-x in the Juke Nismo was actually really really fun! I finished the day with the second fastest time, too! So that was pretty sick.

Driving my own car around the track was something special, too. And I'll tell you what, after finishing and driving home and to work this morning, the car has never felt more powerful or alive! It must be properly broken in now.

The bad news: I had to pit early due to my transmission slipping (7AT). It had been for a couple weeks on rare occasion. Got to bring it to a Nismo mechanic who took it out around the track and felt it slip. He said he wanted to change the trans fluid for me but couldn't because he just didn't have the resources available at that time, like a lift and the Consult tool to properly check the level. He said if it slips during normal driving, take it in right away, so I called my dealer and got a mighty fine appointment for thursday.

All in all it was a great event, capped of by a hot lap in the passenger seat of a GTR piloted my one of the pro drivers! It was shockingly fast!
Yeah, I remember. It was great being able to meet people from the forum.
Sorry about the trans slipping. My oil temps got to 285 and my coolant, well on the last lap I had to coast into the pits because I hit the do not pass go barely idle limp mode because of coolant temps. I guess its time to vent the hood and front bumper to add some more airflow.

A guy in a 350Z and myself got to go out for laps with an instructor by ourselves. Here is the video he took.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyZ9US8tJvY
GTM TT, OS Giken GT clutch, Greddy Ti-C, Z1 test pipes, Hawk HP+ pads, steel braided brake lines, ZSpeed CSC, 34r oil cooler, CSF radiator, HKS EVC 6 boost controller, Whiteline sways, Swift Springs, Kinetix adj camber package, Osiris UPrev tune
FortuneLSX-TT is offline   Reply With Quote