View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013, 09:31 AM   #80 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck33079 View Post
If there were any question about the legality of the driver using deadly force, I'm sure that the driver would have been arrested and charged along with the bikers. He has not been. Only two of the bikers have been arrested so far.
That could change if new evidence pops up but that seems unlikely to me. But still possible. I would not be at all surprised if Mr RR ends up in court on a civil complaint by the guy that got run over. With today's legal system, the rider just may win. (Remember OJ? Not guilty of criminal charges but they hammered him in civil court.)

Last I heard, they arrested one guy, another turned himself in and was arrested, and they are looking for a third guy. All involved in the beating at the end of the chase. But it's been about 10 hours since I looked.

From what I've seen (more than likely an incomplete picture), Mr RR did what he had to do to protect himself and his family. If I see anything that contradicts that, I'll change my mind. Until then, kudos to Mr RR for effectively protecting his family.

As for the rider that got run over: too bad, so sad. From what I can tell, all the riders were driving in a very dangerous manner (see some of the vids from earlier in the ride) and were acting as a group. Looks to me like Mr RR had every reason to believe that all the riders were going to attack. I can only hope that I would be able to respond as quickly and decisively Mr RR did and save myself and my family.