View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013, 03:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
NV370z
Base Member

Drives: '10 370z MT Spt Pkg
NV370z is on a distinguished road
Default Specialty Z Dyno Session

I had the pleasure of meeting Seb and having my car tuned on the dyno last week. I was somewhat in the area and reached out to him through the forum, I was surprised he was able to squeeze me in given the short notice.

To say that I am more than pleased with the results would be an understatement. Seb is a true professional and has tuning our Z's down to a science. I was in and out in under 2.5 hrs (including cool down time), no time was wasted on 'trying this and tweaking that" or crossing fingers to get desired results. Yeah, tuning and dyno time can be a little expensive but the benefits far outweigh the expense especially when dealing with a professional.

Given my modifications I am quite surprised by the numbers. Numbers are one thing but how the well the car now performs is night/day. I debated the whole 'Sprint Booster' idea to get rid of the throttle delay but held out for UpRev and a tune. The car is so much more responsive it is a noticeable difference (and not in my head). Shifting has improved, idle and all around performance has greatly increased.

For those that have done all the basic bolt-ons, run do not walk to get a tune and start enjoying the benefits of the mods. I drove the Z for almost a year without a tune and now have no idea how I ever lived without it. The 4 hour drive back from Cali averaging 26.5mpg at 75.6mph had me smiling the whole way home, the ride out I was only averaging 22.6mpg.

Once again, I would like to thank Seb and Specialty Z for their professional work and excellent customer service.

Mods: Stillen G3, Motordyne ART Pipes V3, Invida CBE and Z1 34 row oil cooler

Dyno: DynoJet
Baseline: 310HP, 245TQ - 4th gear
Base Tune: 320HP, 259TQ - 4th gear
Overall: 332HP, 272TQ - 5th Gear

NV370z is offline   Reply With Quote