View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013, 05:20 AM   #235 (permalink)
Awgd8
Base Member

Drives: 2015 Q40 / 2008 EX35
Awgd8 is on a distinguished road

Seymore4 sent me 3 throttle test map during my e-tuning. There was one setting that when i past 3/4 of the pedal being push down, the car does not want to pull anymore or harder to pull. ( kind of an -engine breaking acting against the forward momentum)

Right now, I am using your modified map for a week now and the longer i drive the car, the better the throttle response gets.

This morning it was 62 degrees F and throttle is a lot better
than a few days ago. When i left work today, it was 82 degrees F and still responsive. When I say responsive, the car moves forward just a small tap of the accelerator ,not a fast tap, but you plant your foot on the accelerator and less than 1/4 pedal press the car moves right away. I also noticed during high speed freeway acceleration, at 65 MPH + the pedal tightens a bit at close to half pedal push and just a small press of the accelerator the cars pulls a bit more. Also while cruising at that speed and tried to accelerate to 80 MPH, it smoothly pulls harder, it is like the car has more power to give... i decided to floor it from 60 to 80MPG on 4th gear (my car's tranny 1:1 gear ratio) and I did not feel a rough or abrupt surge, but a smooth pull at WOT!
The downshifting is also smooth at that speed from 80 to 60MPG. I did not feel any abrupt deceleration or strong engine breaking at all. Whatever you did to the settings, it was perfect for my car!

I have to thank Seymore4 also, since he did my A/F and timing settings. I did change my fan control settings also, so the engine runs cooler so heat does not grab the cars power.
I guess i will keep your setting as is ( wstar)

Thanks man!

Last edited by Awgd8; 10-04-2013 at 12:23 PM.
Awgd8 is offline   Reply With Quote