View Single Post
Old 09-29-2013, 03:19 PM   #88 (permalink)
1slow370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: v8 74 260z ;)
1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute

a lot of my previous post wasn't about your car either more of a general discription of pcv's and F.I. and why the stock system needs to be changed for it.

So what your saying is by plugging your pcv your idle changed slightly and your letting the computer correct for the small amount of unmetered air entering the manifold, and your very familiar with how pcv works, but are unsure of why pcv valves are on the 370z since it is not factory boosted(this might be where i am misunderstanding you)?

Also your inlet hoses for the pcv are plumbed to your compressor inlet pipe instead of those little separate filters right? in that case yeah the pcv will work fine other than the negligible amount of unmetered air, and that everything is still going to get dirty(which most people don't care about. If you hooked your pcv up to the seperate little filters instead tho you would get smokey fumes coming from the filters under boost.

Edit: also as a side note i also believe not running a catch can isn't going to cause a problem, they are a waste of money unless you just want everything to stay clean.

All of these non issues and minor annoyances is why i like the exhaust pcv fittings, other than the environment there are no downsides, no dirt, doesn't effect the way the motor runs at all, its cheap (just make sure you use high temp hose)
Answers (correct) - - - - - - - - - - $12.50

Last edited by 1slow370; 09-29-2013 at 03:39 PM.
1slow370 is offline   Reply With Quote