View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 11:22 AM   #1 (permalink)
2ndChance
Base Member

Drives: like he stole it
2ndChance has a reputation beyond repute2ndChance has a reputation beyond repute2ndChance has a reputation beyond repute2ndChance has a reputation beyond repute2ndChance has a reputation beyond repute2ndChance has a reputation beyond repute2ndChance has a reputation beyond repute2ndChance has a reputation beyond repute2ndChance has a reputation beyond repute2ndChance has a reputation beyond repute2ndChance has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation CNT HFC = Broke after 8 months, mediocre soldering

Yes. It literally BROKE and the 02 sensor bung came apart leaving a huge hole.

I was driving like maniac the other day all excited on my way to install ARK exhaust in a car shop, when I dropped a couple gears and floored it in the 2nd and there was suddenly a LOUD bang followed by a incredibly loud 3-cilinder exhaust noise. My first thought was that the header has come off or something.

I managed to drive to the car shop which luckly was close enough and this is what we found hanging undearneath the car.

The passenger side HFC was coming loose as well, you could move it with your bare hands.

This problem has been present for a couple months already as I was getting more rasp every time but I thought it was normal in these hfc. Now I know there was leaks in both hfc. BTW they look really rusty and fragile when we installed the exhaust.

Anyways this is how it looks now. It does sound like rather nice and I'm waiting for new test pipes and even thou we managed to seal the hole, it was impossible to solder the bung back because the tube itself is too weak around it and most probably come off again. I will give full impressions of this exhaust when I can properly drive it with new TPs.

BTW the guys at the shop were like when they saw my o2 bung hanging by the sensor.
2ndChance is offline   Reply With Quote