View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 09:29 AM   #9721 (permalink)
madwi
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Granma red Z
madwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck33079 View Post
There used to be one by me that I went to that was very cognizant of allergies, and made sure that no utensils were used plating food that had touched peanuts. That's the worry. I order something without peanuts, and the serving spoon in the kitchen has some sauce left on it. Boom, emergency tracheotomy on the restaurant floor and a fun bout of anaphylactic shock I may or may not live through.
That is amazing you had a place like that! I love Thai food but around here I wouldn't trust any of the places to be that safe. When I was managing a Schlotzky's Deli in phx. A guy came in and expressed how deathly allergic to onions he was, I put in a ticket that had 15 NO ONIONS and verbally called out to change gloves, and wipe the prep/finnish area down before making the sammich... I was in shock when the sammich had, you guessed it ONIONS on it and the guy had to bring it back to me. I personally scrubbed the entire line down while he watched and I made the order myself. I felt so defeated lol.