View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 02:07 AM   #26 (permalink)
DEpointfive0
Premium Member Bitches

Drives: a lot
DEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cossie1600 View Post
The RE11 is way quieter new, but they will be louder than a RS3 when worn down near the wear bars. As far as comfort, the RE11 is less bumpy. I feel that the RS3 is a little grippier, but I can't confirm in times because I never ran them back to back on the same track. I think the RS3 is a better track tire like the other guys say, I used to overheat my tires every 2-3 laps in the RE11, the RS3 got me 2 or 3 extra laps
So you've actually had both and worn both down to the bars?

My current tires are Yokohama S.Drives (not my choice), and by all reviews, they are "loud". Yeah, they are, there's one road in TX where I couldn't hear my stereo on FULL blast. And I've been in other 370Zs, I guess I just don't pay attention for road noise, or I don't look for the tires and their tread.

If either the RS3 or RE-11's are even a tenth the loudness of the Yokohama's, and if they last 90% of the Yokohama's, I'd be thoroughly satisfied