View Single Post
Old 09-24-2013, 10:27 PM   #18 (permalink)
DEpointfive0
Premium Member Bitches

Drives: a lot
DEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintfocus View Post
in actuality the Re11 has stiffer construction over the RS3. RS3s are known for their softer sidewall compared to RE11 and AD08.

you will not see the added performance benifit from the RS3 putting around on the street. they have a higher optimum heat range then a RE11, so they wont really shine until after a good warm up lap or two on track. RE11's "turn on" sooner for sure. Also, and i may be mistaken, but i though the MPH reading was based off the transmission, so tire diameter shouldnt effect it, but like i said i could be wrong
So... I'm in this same dilemma, cheap āss RS3's or RE-11's.
I know you're a track guy, but Tire Rack's reviews disagree with you. Where the RE-11's get 8.2 on ride comfort, the RS3s get 7.5. RE-11's get 8.2 on noise level, RS3's get 7.1. RE-11's get 7.8 for tread wear, RS3's get 7.3. Dry taction is 9.5 for the RE-11's and 9.3 for the RS3's
Weight is the same for the sizes I'm interested in (305/30, 245/40)

I know the reviews are customer based, but are they just all wrong?