Thread: buybrakes.com
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2013, 10:44 AM   #9 (permalink)
DEpointfive0
Premium Member Bitches

Drives: a lot
DEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by osbornsm View Post
Agree!! But make sure you powdercoat the caliper a nifty color first

Umm, noo... different / better pads might however...

It will increase sensitivity. Brakes are only useful until your wheels lock up, so if you can lock up your wheels with base brakes, then sport brakes won't do much, I bet there will be some improvement, but not much, you'd need to upgrade your tires to get the full effect

Explain... "better"... for us amateurs.

Not sure if you're serious. But hey. Drilled and slotted rotors provide heat dissipation for the rotors, keeping rotor temps down keeps warping (or the likelihood of warping) down, as well as keeping pad temps down which lowers fluid temp. They also provide more initial "bite" to the pad, and they also "clean" or "wipe" the pads during every rotation, keeping the pads from glazing over (doesn't happen often of street applications, but you asked)
I hope that answered it, if there's anything else I can add, please tell me.