View Single Post
Old 09-24-2013, 10:18 AM   #24 (permalink)
F.I. Inc.
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: 2010 GT-R/2007 F-250
F.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by future370zzz View Post
Tony, can your resonated HFC be installed on a FI setup (supercharger) without issues? i.e. burning up the core?

Thanks
Personally I am not a fan of running aftermarket cats in stock location when the car is Forced Inducted. I have seen customers go 50,000 miles and others have the cats blow out in the first dyno session. A big factor in preserving the life of the HFC internal is your tune. If your AFR is all out of whack than you can consider your cats done! Meaning too lean or too rich. Being too rich you will constantly saturate the cat core in unburnt fuel and it will accelerate the deterioration of the cat core. Too lean and you will just cook the cat core.

All of that being said, if the tune is optimal which it needs to be or obvious reasons than you should see some life out of the cats. The better the cat core, the better chance it has to withstand the repeated daily abuse.

If you have any questions at all feel free to ask.

Thank you, Tony
www.fastintentions.com
"FUELED BY PASSION"
F.I. Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote