View Single Post
Old 09-23-2013, 02:43 PM   #361 (permalink)
FortuneLSX-TT
Base Member

Drives: 10 NismoTT MB M6
FortuneLSX-TT has much to be proud ofFortuneLSX-TT has much to be proud ofFortuneLSX-TT has much to be proud ofFortuneLSX-TT has much to be proud ofFortuneLSX-TT has much to be proud ofFortuneLSX-TT has much to be proud ofFortuneLSX-TT has much to be proud ofFortuneLSX-TT has much to be proud ofFortuneLSX-TT has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nut_N_Much View Post
You know my last name is Fortune , we might be related.. Looks great man. Nice and clean. What id you do to hide the seam of the lens being epoxyed ob the shroud? Just tape it off and paint.. Looks really good.

I am soda blasting Mr&Mrs shrouds. Some of the chrome reacted with the paint and caused a mess. The soda takes it all off with out damaging the shrouds.
Unfortunately, I don't think we're related since Fortune is just the name of the body kit on my other car. I don't have a seam on the shroud to hide. I epoxyed the lens directly to the blinker housing. So for the shroud I just:

1. Cut off the stock lens
2. Used a dremel to take a bit more out of the inside
3. Took a hole saw and put some sand paper around it and then just spun it around in the hole by hand to give it a good clean circle and remove the high spots from the dremel
4. Painted the whole shroud

For the lens, I put a thin line of epoxy on the very top of the housing. Then very carefully lined up and lowered the lens onto the housing. Then proceeded to epoxy the side of the lens and the housing. There is a very high possibility of screwing this part up and getting epoxy on the inside of the lens. If I had more time, I'd say fabbing up a little metal cover that secures the lens to the housing would be the ideal solution.

I'm glad I went with the RGB leds, and I got a cheap little controller for them to select the color, etc. They are a royal pain to solder though. I'll get some video once I install the controller.

It's raining now, so we'll see how well my headlights are sealed. If I had to do it over, I'd say a ton of little c-clamps would make resealing the headlights a breeze with a heat gun.
GTM TT, OS Giken GT clutch, Greddy Ti-C, Z1 test pipes, Hawk HP+ pads, steel braided brake lines, ZSpeed CSC, 34r oil cooler, CSF radiator, HKS EVC 6 boost controller, Whiteline sways, Swift Springs, Kinetix adj camber package, Osiris UPrev tune
FortuneLSX-TT is offline   Reply With Quote