View Single Post
Old 09-23-2013, 12:37 PM   #12 (permalink)
chii370
Track Member

Drives: .
chii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to behold

And Romulus, honestly? Drone is a thing. Its not subjective. If you can hear the car go RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR with a constant tone while at cruising speed, and its a buzz/moan noise and not a nice growl like at idle.....thats drone. I would be pissed too if people who didnt know wtf it was, or just wanted to fanboy support a product they own, flaws and all....told me there was no drone and there was. Some of these exhausts are HEADACHE INDUCING. The ark dts is inaudible at speed unless you are giving it gas, in which case u can here a faint whir noise, then it screams like hell when u gas it. Drone is the constant annoying monotone sound of the exhaust resonating in the cabin, some people actually LIKE that sound as they think it sounds bad ***. And it DOES, but not when ur driving on the highway for 2-3 hours, it makes u wanna drive the car off a cliff. My 401 74 hornet does the same thing but thats just because its 500 hp NA and loud. I HATE driving it on the highway.

But to be fair, if you want to hear absolutely zero cabin noise at cruise....then dont go aftermarket. There isnt a single one that doesnt drone a LITTLE.

Last edited by chii370; 09-23-2013 at 12:49 PM.
chii370 is offline   Reply With Quote