View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013, 10:23 AM   #9 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeUCFL View Post
Hopefully it's not a bad ground or frayed wire! Flammable liquid and electricity, doesn't seem like a good combination.

I'm going to try to keep it parked as much as possible until Tuesday.
Unless the bad wiring (assuming that's what it actually is) is inside the tank (all that's in there is the sensor/pump and you have a new one) or you have a hole in the tank (you'd probably smell it if so), the chance of explosion and/or gasoline fire should not be not any greater than normal. There could be a greater chance of a wiring-initiated fire (eg, under the carpet), but the fuse should blow before things get too hot. But, yeah, since gasoline could be involved, it would probably be a good idea to limit how much your drive until you find out what the problem is, just to be safe.

Good luck finding/fixing the problem and let us know what you find out.

Edit: Keep in mind that I'm just making a (educated) guess about the problem being a high-resistance circuit and the risk of fire/explosion may be much greater or much less than I portray above. It's probably not a safety issue, but better safe than sorry.

Last edited by SouthArk370Z; 09-22-2013 at 10:27 AM.
SouthArk370Z is offline   Reply With Quote