View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013, 08:28 AM   #95 (permalink)
Romulus1
Track Member

Drives: '11 370Z Sport 6MT
Romulus1 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Romulus1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ped View Post
This is absolutely incorrect. I just got a FI catback with 18" resonator installed early this week and it drones like CRAZY between 2000-2900 RPM or so under load. Most prominent when you leave the car in auto (D) which seeks the tallest gear always, and then either climb a small incline or generally just speed up slightly (accelerator pedal down about 1/4 to 1/2) without pushing hard enough to force a downshift to a lower gear.

This problem is easily solved by using a Helmholtz resonator attached 90 degrees off of each pipe, but for whatever reason FI didn't take this issue seriously and as a result their exhausts have this problem. I am in fact going to take a loss by having to pay labor twice to have the FI exhaust removed and the original up back on, this drone is so annoying. Telling people they have no drone is causing people to waste money only to find out the truth.

If you believe there's drone and chris says there's not then i believe he was actually correct in saying drone is subjective. I certainly believe drone is a subjective topic and i wanted little to none in my exhaust. I had the FI CF exhaust with 12" resonators paired with motordyne art pipes and noticed VERY little drone and was extremely pleased with the exhaust entirely. That was my 4th exhaust set up on a VQ engine. Your tangent is noted by the entire community. Go fix your problem please instead of complaining in every thread on the forum.

Last edited by Romulus1; 09-22-2013 at 11:57 AM. Reason: spelling corrections.....
Romulus1 is offline   Reply With Quote