View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013, 07:41 AM   #7 (permalink)
chii370
Track Member

Drives: .
chii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to behold

I know the process of tuning, but dont know how to tune.....know what I mean? Ive wanted to buy my own for a long long time now, but every time I inquire how to do it, 90% of people just dont know, and the other 10% are reluctant to teach because they ARE the tuners that make bank from all the retards with money. No, I have never owned a business but I can tell you they do quite well for themselves. Ever look at what most of the BIG tuning company owners are driving? one has a full blown race 370, with a ugly "but expensive" porche cayane S SUV to tug it around and a brand new BMW........... yeah im an ENGINEER and I can barely afford to pay for my 370z by itself. so really? if your to blind to see that they are making BANK from the services they provide? you sir are on darwins list. rent, insurance, labor BLAH BLAH BLAH be damned.... with how many they DO they could charge HALF that amount and still make a profit, it might not be a KILLING like they make now, but it would still be a profit. Any shops thats been open for 10-15 years probably has that dyno paid off, all their tuning equipment paid off, pay their employees hourly half or less of what I make. So your driving in, having a guy plug in a laptop and sit on his big fat *** for 2-3 hours playing with numbers as you run the car on the dyno. yeah sounds really tough, got some serious hardcore labor going on there. Problem with it is, its a niche market and they know it. there is no price regulation, they can charge WHATEVER THEY WANT. If it cost 2k, or 3k people would still pay it, simply accepting that "thats just the way it is" out of shear stupidity. God forbid the same government regulations set in place to regulate prices on things like food and general products dont apply to the aftermarket tuning world. Same goes for turbo kits. Anyone stupid enough to believe they ACTUALLY cost 9k to produce overall is an idiot and just needs to look back to the past a little bit. Every car thats brand new to tuning has a initial boom of waring products, all priced to the stars. But 8-10 years down the line, those SAME products "usually bigger companies" are still produced, but all the little fanboys have moved on to the next big fad car on the market...... suddenly that turbo drops from 9k to like 2.5k or less. HMMMMMMMMM so your trying to tell me that they are still willing to produce them at a 7k loss PER KIT? wow....... its all the same **** man, tuning and parts alike there are ZERO regulations on how much they charge. They SAY MSRP on everything, thats ********, they can say whatever they want. Like tommy boy said, "I can take a **** in a box and and mark it guaranteed, but your still getting a guaranteed box of ****" they could charge you 20k for a turbo kit, and if every other turbo kit on the market follows suit..... ITS OK. Im not bashing anyone, im calling it out for what it is. does it mean anything is going to change? no, people are too stupid. Im pretty much just venting.
chii370 is offline   Reply With Quote