View Single Post
Old 09-21-2013, 01:30 PM   #39 (permalink)
pinoyZ
Base Member

Drives: Nissan 370Z 11 PW
pinoyZ is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leuz View Post
OP, while we wait for F.I. response to your post, I would like to note a couple of things as you are effectively one of the very few (the only one?) F.I. customers who are not completely happy with the product
- each individual is different so they noise you perceive could be very different from the one I perceive
- there are many alternatives with the type of exhaust you are mentioning, iirc I believe Motordyne has one; forum search should have pointed you to that
- F.I. have never claimed their exhaust has NO drone, even on their website they say NO rasp but they mention they use resonators to cut down the drone (not to remove it)
- if you searched the forum, you would see people mentioning drone with F.I. I am actually one of those who said at least once that the exhaust with 12'' resonators does definitely drone
Again, please don't think I want to be a j**k about it, but F.I. exhausts are probably the most reviewed and the ones with the largest amount of opinions on this forum. I believe that when you are planning on spending +$1k on a product you have to be a well informed buyer and that should mainly come from doing good homework, which translates in searching, reading and searching again.

Also an advice, you have probably barely used your exhaust. I am sure there would be people here willing to buy it off of your hands for the same price you paid to be able to have it shipped right away instead of having to wait 3 months, just sayin'

3 AGONIZING months and sleepless nights!

Getting my 12" res cf cbe and nonres hfc nextweek! planning to order the gen 3 intake too. How much does it cost to install this whole set up? sorry to ask here dont know much autoshops here in VA beach and hate getting robbed =)
pinoyZ is offline   Reply With Quote