View Single Post
Old 09-21-2013, 02:29 AM   #33 (permalink)
luigi90210
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Classified
luigi90210 has a spectacular aura aboutluigi90210 has a spectacular aura aboutluigi90210 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucelidat View Post
which is why i created this thread to clear up stuff regarding the Stillen kit since a lot of the hate wasn't explained
most of the hate stems from the WHP people get when they dyno the car, what a lot of people dont realize is that there are a million factors when it comes to showing WHP, something as little as being 1ft above sea level or 1% less humidity can make a difference on a dyno's whp readings

all a dyno is really good for imo is tuning, you can see your before and after so you can see what you gained with the custom tune and imo dynos are the worst way to measure whp unless your car is in a test environment where everything can be controlled

honestly if you really want to feel the stillen supercharger, i highly suggest heading to stillen and going for a test ride in their car, i went on a test ride and all i can say is it blew my mind, and their car has their carb kit with a different BPV(from what Kyle@stillen told me in person)

go with something you like and not what people on the internet like, just remember numbers are just numbers, who cares if you are making less power on a dyno than john doe and jane doe, if you're happy, thats all that matters

and remember having a well balanced car will always be better than having a high HP car, my uncle would always get **** for his stillen supercharger build on his G35(stage 4 roots blower) because it only made 366whp yet his car would smoke others cars from light to light and on canyon runs when their cars made 400+whp

i guess the main point to my post is dont get caught up with numbers like most people, and just go with what you want
luigi90210 is offline   Reply With Quote