Thread: The Z Traction
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2013, 03:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
enkei2k
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '12 G41 B/S M6
enkei2k has a reputation beyond reputeenkei2k has a reputation beyond reputeenkei2k has a reputation beyond reputeenkei2k has a reputation beyond reputeenkei2k has a reputation beyond reputeenkei2k has a reputation beyond reputeenkei2k has a reputation beyond reputeenkei2k has a reputation beyond reputeenkei2k has a reputation beyond reputeenkei2k has a reputation beyond reputeenkei2k has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bidness91 View Post
Well I have had my car for 4 months now and had 2 scary moments with it. I was wondering if I am the only person that experiences these issues. Or maybe they arent issues; i dont know.

Both times it had rained and its not like I was driving like a maniac or real aggressive. First time was on 45mph road going around 50-55mph and all the sudden my tires lose traction and i hydroplane two lanes to the right and then I catch traction and all is well. I chalk that up to maybe something in the road.

Next time I am on crosstown (basically toll road) and going 80-85mph tops when it had barely rained. The road was only two lanes wide with walls on both sides and my car decides to freak out. Driving in left lane and my back wheels hydroplane hard to the right, then hard to the left, right, left....till i skid to a stop inches from the wall. I don't even know if I counter steered it while it was happening because it all happened so quickly. All I remember is the steering wheel jerking each time it switched sides... I definitely counted my blessings because 99 times out of 100, I should have totaled it into that wall.

I did not have traction control off nor was I trying to change lanes or anything stupid. My previous car was 10' camaro so it weighed a lot more....so maybe the weight makes a huge difference??
Like mentioned already, most likely tires.

Let us know what kind of tires you have, how many miles on them, and last time you got an alignment done or checked the tire wear on your car.

(Please don't say OEM tires with 50k miles )