View Single Post
Old 09-20-2013, 12:23 AM   #52 (permalink)
F.I. Inc.
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: 2010 GT-R/2007 F-250
F.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ped View Post
Thanks for replying Tony. If you acknowledge (as I do) that you make no claim that your exhausts have no drone, then I'm not sure why the thread title is an insult or a problem. But I can change it if that's possible to something else.

The main issue is with the misinformation so prevalent on here. After chats with you I knew what your quietest option was. After that the rest of the info necessarily comes from videos, reviews, general posts on here, and finding people's systems to listen to (something I already acknowledge I didn't go enough of). The fact I can look two threads below this one and find someone blatantly suggesting FI exhaust have "no drone" whatsoever to a guy specifically stating he wants none and "hates drone with a passion" speaks pretty loudly to what I'm referring to. I know you don't have control over what others say on here, but you are pretty active. I'd think if you really wanted to quell that type of thing that a few visits from you into threads like that, to set people straight, would have people producing more accurate information. So you should accept some responsibility for allowing this type of misrepresentation to go on. Maybe it's been good for business and you looked the other way, but it's not accurate. And you shouldn't cry foul when I start a thread calling out bad info that you (presumably) agree is incorrect.

My options at this point are to live with it (not likely due to what I estimate to be 100 db+ of low-frequency harmonic resonance drone in the interior), pay someone a couple hundred to manufacture Helmholtz resonators, or return it and accept the loss of some money for trying out something that didn't work out. I would go with option 2 except for the unknown outcome of how much drone would actually be gotten rid of...
I feel that the thread in the first place is unwarranted. I understand what you are trying to achieve. You are trying to "warn" potential buyers that our system has drone. The reason why I feel this thread is unwarranted is due to how long we have been making a system for this car. How many units we have sold, built, installed and shipped over the past 4-1/2 years! What it boils down to is this: There is so much documentation out there on our products. We are not fooling anyone nor have we tried! Every single AT customer I have had the pleasure to speak with, I have been very forthcoming and honest. Now there are a few reasons why I have never been too concerned with the "drone" issue specifically in the 7AT.

#1 Sound is subjective, not every person with a 7AT feels that the system drones. In fact, I have this issue brought to my attention less vs. more often.

#2 The amount of AT cars out there vs. MT with our exhaust is very minimal. I would say 8-9 out of every 10 have a 6MT. Right now I have 13 pre order for our TT Kit and only one of them is a 7AT.

#3 The system works and performs exceptionally. Almost every single person who has it loves it and I constantly get phone calls and emails after the fact with thanks and praise for setting them up with the right combination.

#4 Goes hand and hand with #2. We do not encounter the AT drone issue enough nor have the man power to design a completely different system for the AT.

You said, "So you should accept some responsibility for allowing this type of misrepresentation to go on. Maybe it's been good for business and you looked the other way, but it's not accurate."

It is not my responsibility nor do I have the time to police everything that everyone says in every thread about my products. Again, what is stated in most threads is accurate and if I see something that is wayyy out of wack than I address it! In addition, you have no idea what goes on in my shop on a daily basis. We have a crew of 6 people, myself included. I wear the hat of 10 different people job wise. Even though I am active on the forums a lot of times I only respond to pm's and occasionally go in to my own threads.

We have two main concerns on a daily basis, continue to build and ship quality product and get them out the door because we are far behind year round. And B, get our Twin Turbo Kit in to full production.

Thanks, Tony
www.fastintentions.com
"FUELED BY PASSION"